-
February 26th, 2002, 04:22 AM
#1
Inactive Member
First I see no reason Rolen would want to come here.
Second, I see no way Dolan/Shapiro shell out the jack to get him here.
I would love Rolen but all this talk about him coming here is pie-in-the-sky stuff.
------------------
-
February 26th, 2002, 06:57 PM
#2
HB Forum Moderator
Mike Schmidt complemented Rolen on turning down 140 million dollars because he doesn't believe Philadelphia is committed to winning.
Schmidt says it takes a lot of guts to turn down that much money.
However, that is only true if Rolen would settle for say, 100 million for 7 years, so that that extra 40 million could go towards other talent.
Hart and Shapiro like to talk about the formula of the maximum percentage any player can make of the total team budget that leads to a World Series win.
It is somewhere around 13%
------------------
Alex
-
October 13th, 2002, 11:37 PM
#3
HB Forum Moderator
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks